Celestron Skyprodigy 130 Telescope
The smartest telescope in the universe! The SkyProdigy's automatic alignment process takes only a few minutes.
- 130mm (5") reflector telescope
- 650mm focal length
- Computerised alt-azimuth with automatic alignment
- f/5 focal ratio
- 25mm (26x) and 9mm (72x) Plossl eyepieces
- 2 year warranty
- Celestron Item # 31153
Please note: this is a bulky item and therefore cannot be shipped internationally.
A truly revolutionary product with ground breaking technology, the Celestron SkyProdigy 130 is the product of a culmination of decades of telescopic advancements. It combines electronic motors, an intelligent on-board computer, a digital camera and StarSense technology to create an automatic, instant alignment telescope that requires no input from the user. Simply turn it on, push a button and enjoy the view! It's that easy.
What will I be able to see with the SkyProdigy 130 telescope?
- The phases of Venus
- Lunar craters as little as 2 miles in diameter
- Dark surface features on Mars
- Detailed cloud belts of Jupiter
- The rings of Saturn and subtle cloud belts
- Many faint comets and brighter asteroids
- Double stars and stars to 12.3 magnitude
- Star clusters, nebulae and galaxies with spiral structures
The SkyProdigy's automatic alignment process takes only a few minutes, then you will be ready to select from thousands of objects to view. Not sure what to look at? Select the Sky Tour option; this feature offers a customized list of the best objects in the sky to view for your exact time and location anywhere in the world!
No knowledge of the night sky is required. One touch innovation turns anyone into an instant astronomer!
Celestron's SkyProdigy telescopes use an integrated imaging camera* and patented StarSense Technology to automatically align with the night sky and determine where the telescope is currently pointing. The camera automatically captures an image of the sky, which is processed internally to positively identify the stars in the image. Once a positive match is found, SkyProdigy determines the coordinates of the center of the captured image. The process is automatically repeated two more times so that the system has three known alignment points that can be used to make an accurate model of the night sky. From this information the user can select any celestial object in the hand controller's database, and SkyProdigy will automatically move itself to the correct position.
*The Celestron SkyProdigy's internal camera does not have an external output allowing users to view or save the captured images. The captured images are used internally solely for the purpose of self-aligning the SkyProdigy 130 Computerized telescope.
Celestron Sky Prodigy - General Features:
- Fully automatic alignment procedure
- Fully computerised alt-azimuth mount
- Quick-release fork arm mount and optical tube for easy, quick, no-tool set up
- Sturdy stainless steel tripod and accessory tray
- CD-ROM: The SkyX First Light Edition astronomy software provides education about the sky
- Battery pack providing over 30 hours of power
Computerised Mount Features:
- Proven computer control technology
- Database allows telescope to automatically locate over 4,000 celestial objects
- Proprietary StarSense technology provides a completely automatic alignment process with no user intervention required
- Flash upgradeable hand control software for downloading product updates over the internet
WARNING - KEEP BATTERIES OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
NOTE: The 24-hour Poisons Information Centre is the correct first response in Australia 13 11 26.